Delegate terms and conditions and website terms and conditions
1.1 The World Retail Congress 2019 (the “Event”) is organised and managed by Ascential Information Services Limited trading as Ascential Information Services Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 7880716 and registered office at c/o Ascential Group Limited, The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London, W1B 5AP, United Kingdom.
1.2 References to “us” means Ascential Information Services Limited and references to “we” and “our” shall be construed accordingly. Reference to “you” means the entity completing a booking request and references to “your” shall be construed accordingly.
- Booking and Online Accounts
2.1 You may request a delegate place at the Event either:
2.11 online by completing the online booking form and submitting it;
2.12 by post by completing a booking form and posting it to Ascential Information Services Limited, World Retail Congress Registrations, 2nd Floor, 20 Air Street, London,WC2B 6UF, United Kingdom;
2.13 by email by completing a booking form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
2.14 by telephone by phoning us on +44 (0) 20 3033 2215.
2.2 All booking requests at the Event are subject to availability. If you have completed your booking request correctly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, if there is availability at the Event and if you have made the requisite pre-payment (or provided us with credit/debit card details and authorisation to deduct payment) a confirmation email will be sent to you within 5 working days from receipt of your booking request. Your booking is confirmed (a “Confirmed Booking”) when we send this email. If there is no availability at the Event we will send you an email within 5 working days from receipt of your booking request informing you that this is the case (a “Booking Rejection”).
2.3 When you request a delegate place for an Event online you may be given a unique username and/or password giving you access to an online website account (your “Account”). You must keep your username and password confidential at all time as you are responsible for all activities undertaken through your Account. You agree to log-off from Account at the end of each session and to email us immediately to email@example.com if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your username/password and/or Account. We cannot and are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
- Prices and Payment
3.1 Prices are set out on the booking form and/or the Event website. Payment may be made by either (i) credit or debit card, or (ii) bank transfer. Subject to Clause 3.8, payment must be made, or credit/debit card details and authorisation to deduct payment given, at the time you submit your booking form. Please inform us at the time of your booking request if you require an invoice in respect of your booking. Invoices only refer to the currency in which payment has been made.
3.2 Prices may change from time to time. If the price of a delegate place increases or decreases before you receive a booking confirmation we will notify you and ask you to confirm whether you wish to proceed with your booking based on the revised price.
3.3 Discounts may be offered from time to time but you may only use one discount per Event. Discounts apply to new bookings only; the price in respect of a Confirmed Booking cannot be altered.
3.4 All prices are subject to local taxes where appropriate.
3.5 Where you receive a Booking Rejection we will (to the extent that you have made payment) refund your payment within a reasonable time from the date of the Booking Rejection.
3.6 If you wish to pay by bank transfer please use the bank account details below which correspond to the currency you are paying with. You are responsible for paying all bank charges. If bank charges are not paid by you your booking may be refused. A payment reference should be included with your payment.
Credit/Debit Cards - We accept all major credit and debit cards.
BACS/CHAPS - You are able to transfer funds directly into our bank account:
Account Number: 40484319
Sort Code: 60-00-01
Swift Number: NWBKGB2L (for overseas customers)
Account Name: Ascential Information Services Limited
If you are paying prior to receiving the full invoice please your Company and delegate's name as reference. If paying after receiving an invoice please use the account and invoice numbers as reference.
If you are paying by bank transfer you must email a copy of your remittance advice to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to complete your booking.
3.7 Once you receive a Booking Confirmation you are liable for all outstanding payments (if any) for your delegate place, whether or not you attend the Event.
3.8 Notwithstanding the foregoing in respect of Local Government and other Public Sector organisations (an “Organisation”) we will, at our sole discretion, accept purchase order numbers together with a copy of the original booking form rather than payment at the date a booking request is submitted if, due to the Organisation’s processes, the specified methods of payment are not feasible in accordance with our payment terms.
- CHANGES TO THE EVENT AND Cancellation Policy
4.1 It may be necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control to alter the advertised content, timing and/or location of the Event or the advertised speakers. We reserve the right to do this at any time and, where we alter the time and/or location of the Event, we will provide you with notice of the same and will offer you the choice of either a credit for a future event of your choice (up to the value of sums paid by you in respect of the Event) or the opportunity to attend the Event as varied.
4.2 If you are unable to attend the Event we try in most circumstances to allow substitute delegates to attend in your place at no extra charge. Please notify us by email to: email@example.com with the name and job title of both the registered delegate and the replacement delegate and we will confirm if the substitution is possible.
4.3 Cancellations must be in writing (a “Cancellation Notice”) and either posted to World Retail Congress registrations, Ascential Information Services Limited, 2nd Floor, 20 Air Street, London, W1B 5AN, United Kingdom, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.4 If a Cancellation Notice is received 6 months or more before the date of the Event we will issue you with a refund of 50% of sums paid by you, but, subject to Clause 4.1, no refunds will be payable if a Cancellation Notice is received less than 6 months prior to the date of an Event regardless of the reason for such cancellation.
4.5 We shall not be liable to you for travel, accommodation or other costs and expenses incurred (included wasted costs and expenses) by delegates if we are required to cancel or relocate the Event as a result of an event outside our reasonable control (including, without limitation, due to acts of God, severe weather, fire, explosion, military or terrorist acts (or threats of any such acts), any industrial action or widespread illness).
4.6 Where you receive a credit in accordance with these Terms & Conditions such credit must be used by you to book a delegate place at an event within 18 months from the date of issue. Following such 18 month period the credit will expire.
5.1 All rights in all presentations, documentation and materials published or otherwise made available as part of the Event (including but not limited to any audio or audio-visual recording of the Event) (“Content”) is owned by us or is included with the permission of the owner of the rights. No (i) photography, filming or recording; or (ii) republication, broadcast or other dissemination of the Content is permitted. You shall not distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the Content (save that use by the relevant delegate for internal business purposes shall be permitted), and in particular (but without limitation) you shall not (and shall procure that each of your delegates shall not):
5.1.1 upload any Content into any shared system;
5.1.2. include any Content in a database;
5.1.3. include any Content in a website or on any intranet;
5.1.4. transmit, re-circulate or otherwise make available any Content to anyone else;
5.1.5. make any commercial use of the Content whatsoever; or
5.1.6. use Content in any way that might infringe third party rights or that may bring us or any of our affiliates into disrepute.
5.2 The Content does not necessarily reflect our views or opinions.
5.3 Suggestions or advice contained in the Content should not be relied upon in place of professional or other advice. Whilst we take reasonable care to ensure that the Content created by us is accurate and complete, some of it is supplied by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You should verify the accuracy of any information (whether supplied by us or third parties) before relying on it. The Content is provided on an “AS IS” basis without any warranties of any kind (express or implied). We hereby exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liabilities, costs, claims, damages, losses and/or expenses arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the Content or arising from any infringing, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material in the Content.
5.4 To the extent that any Content is made available by us online we reserve the right to suspend or remove access to such Content at any time.
- Awards and Tours
6.1 Awards entries must be received by us by no later than  days before the commencement of the Event. We must have received full payment for awards entries by no later than  days before the commencement of the Event in order to ensure eligibility for the award shortlist. Entries that are not paid for and cleared by this time will not be submitted for entry but you will still be liable to pay all costs associated with such entry. There will be no refunds for withdrawals by entrants after submission of entries.
6.2 All tours which we may offer in connection with the Event are subject to minimum booking numbers and availability. Cancelled tours will be subject to refunds.
7.1 Subject to Clause 7.4, our aggregate liability to you, whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind howsoever arising, out of in connection with any booking (or requested booking) made by you or otherwise in relation to the Event, shall be limited to the price paid by you in respect of the applicable Confirmed Booking.
7.2 Subject to Clause 7.4, we shall not be liable to you for (i) any loss of profit, loss of or damage to data, loss of anticipated savings or interest, loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill or; (ii) any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind.
7.3 You agree to indemnify us, our staff and our affiliates and to hold us harmless to the fullest extent permitted by law, against all loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from any act or omission by you (including your delegates) during or otherwise in relation to the Event.
7.4 Nothing in this these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude either party's liability for:
7.4.1. death or personal injury caused by that party's negligence, or the negligence of that party's employees, agents or subcontractors;
7.4.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
7.4.3 any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
8.1 These Terms and Conditions (together with any documents referred to herein or required to be entered into pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation any booking form) contains the entire agreement and understanding between us and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings or arrangements (both oral and written) relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and any such document.
8.2 You acknowledge that in booking a delegate place you have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
8.3 These Terms and Conditions shall not create, nor shall they be construed as creating, any partnership or agency relationship between us.
8.4 You accept that communication with us may be electronic. We may contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. You agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all such communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal or contractual requirement that such communication be made in writing.
8.5 Save as set out in Clause 4.2 you are not permitted to re-sell, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under these Terms and Conditions.
8.6 You acknowledge and agree that whilst we may refer you to accommodation providers in connection with your booking for a delegate place, we are not responsible for (i) the provision of accommodation, (ii) the quality or appropriateness of the accommodation, and (iii) (subject to Clause 7.4) any loss or damage you may suffer or incur as a result of your use of the accommodation. You acknowledge and agree that we are not acting as agent on behalf of any accommodation provider in respect of any booking you make with an accommodation provider. Further, you acknowledge and agree that any contract for booking accommodation is made between you and the relevant accommodation provider.
8.7 These Terms and Conditions and the rights and obligations of both parties shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales and both parties irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in respect of any dispute which arises hereunder
8.8 In performing its obligations under this Agreement, each party will comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations from time to time in force.
How we may use your personal information
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLYING TO THE WORLD RETAIL CONGRESS DIGITAL PASS
These additional terms and conditions govern the purchase and use of access to the online streaming service in relation to the World Retail Congress, known as the World Retail Congress Digital Pass (the “World Retail Congress Digital Pass”).
ACCESS AND LICENCE
- Access to the World Retail Congress Digital Pass is through the website https://digitalpass.worldretailcongress.com/ (the “Website”).
- Each World Retail Congress Digital Pass gives the named user access to the World Retail Congress Digital Pass while it is live (the “Term”).
- No rights whatsoever to the World Retail Congress Digital Pass are assigned or transferred to a user.
- The rights granted under these terms and conditions are granted to the user only and shall not be considered granted to any third party.
- Subject to payment of the fees and to the restrictions set out in these terms and conditions, we hereby grant the user a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use the World Retail Congress Digital Pass during the Term solely for the user’s personal use.
- Without prejudice to Clause 5 and except as may be allowed by any applicable law which is incapable of exclusion by agreement between the parties, the user shall NOT:
- reproduce, distribute, exploit or otherwise use all or part of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass for any commercial purposes (outside of the user’s personal use), including but not limited to reproduction of all or part of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass on products or within marketing or promotional materials (for the avoidance of doubt, users may not hold public screenings of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass with or without an entrance fee or broadcast the World Retail Congress Digital Pass via any means other than the Website);
- upload content from the World Retail Congress Digital Pass into any shared system or any database, website or intranet;
- use all or any part of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass to build a product or service which competes with the World Retail Congress Digital Pass, the Website or any of our other products, or those of any of our associated companies;
- attempt to obtain or assist any third parties in attempting or obtaining unauthorised access to World Retail Congress Digital Pass;
- scrape, extract, download, upload, sell or offer for sale any of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass and user agrees not to use, or cause to be used, any computerised or other manual or automated program or mechanism, tool, or process, including any scraper or spider robot, to access, extract, download, scrape, data mine, display, transmit, or publish, any of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass. User must not bypass robot exclusion headers or other similar measures that we may use to restrict access to, or caching of, the World Retail Congress Digital Pass;
- attempt to interfere with the proper working of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass or to monitor use of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass without our prior written permission;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the World Retail Congress Digital Pass infrastructure;
- decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer or try to reconstruct or discover any source code or underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats or programming or interoperability interfaces within the World Retail Congress Digital Pass (except that these restrictions only apply to the extent permitted by law);
- use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the World Retail Congress Digital Pass architecture or extract information about usage, individual identities or users; or
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass including any features designed to prevent, limit or restrict use or copying of any of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass.
- We may track use of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions.
- Without incurring any liability to the user, and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to it, if we have reasonable cause to believe that the user has breached the provisions of these terms and conditions it shall be entitled to disable the user’s access to the World Retail Congress Digital Pass while it investigates if there has been a breach. If we, acting reasonably, determine that there has been a breach, we shall be entitled to terminate the user’s use of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass without a refund.
- The user shall indemnify us and our directors and officers, and hold all of the foregoing harmless, from and against all costs, claims, damages, expenses, claims and losses that may be incurred as a result of:
- a breach of any of the provisions of Clause 6 of these terms and conditions; and
- any unauthorised use of a user name and/or password or Account by any unnamed user or third party.
- We shall use our reasonable endeavours to provide reliable access to the World Retail Congress Digital Pass, provided that we do not undertake or warrant that access to the World Retail Congress Digital Pass will be uninterrupted. If you have any problems accessing or using the service please see our FAQs. If the FAQs do not resolve your problem, please email email@example.com.
- From time to time, we or our service providers may:
- temporarily suspend for emergency repair, maintenance or improvement, all or part of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass without notice; and/or
- vary the technical specification of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass for operational or any other reason provided that there is no material detriment to the World Retail Congress Digital Pass.
- The user acknowledges that there are special risks attached to the transmission of information by electronic, online or similar means and that we are not responsible for the loss or corruption of information in transmission by these means.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The user acknowledges that because of the number of sources from which we obtain content used in the World Retail Congress Digital Pass, we do not give any warranties in respect of the content of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass.
- The World Retail Congress Digital Pass is provided on an “as is” basis without guarantee of accuracy, timeliness or completeness. All implied warranties or conditions of satisfactory quality, and fitness for a particular purpose are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The user is solely responsible for ensuring that the World Retail Congress Digital Pass is appropriate and suitable for its needs.
- The user agrees that the World Retail Congress Digital Pass is made available only for general information and is not intended to address particular requirements or interests of the user and the user acknowledges that the fees are priced accordingly.
- Without prejudice to the general provisions of Clause 7, with respect to the World Retail Congress Digital Pass, we shall not be liable in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty or in any other way for: (a) loss of profits; (b) loss of business; (c) depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses; (d) loss of anticipated savings; (e) loss of goods; (f) loss of contract; (g) loss of use; (h) loss or corruption of data or information; (i) business interruption; (j) any kind of special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses; (k) loss or damage that arise as a result of the use of all or part of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass in breach of these terms and conditions; (l) loss or damage arising as a result of any error, omission, inaccuracy or third party right infringement, in any part of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass where such error, omission, inaccuracy or third party infringement is caused by any third party content; and/or (m) loss or damage to a computer, software, modem, telephone or other property.
- If, notwithstanding any other provisions of these terms and conditions, we are held liable to the user for any reason, our aggregate liability in respect of any loss or damage suffered by the user arising out of or in connection with use of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty or in any other way, shall not exceed the fees paid by the user in relation to the World Retail Congress Digital Pass during the 12 months preceding the date on which the claim arose.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We shall be entitled to terminate a user’s use of the World Retail Congress Digital Pass with immediate effect if the user breaches these terms and conditions.
- On expiry or termination of these terms and conditions for any reason, the user shall stop using the World Retail Congress Digital Pass.
- Termination of these terms and conditions shall not affect the accrued rights of the parties.
- Notwithstanding termination, the following Clauses shall remain in force: 7 (Liability) and 13 to 19 inclusive (Limitation of Liability); and those other clauses which are expressly or by implication intended to survive or to come into force following termination.
Website Terms and Conditions
1.1 This website (“the Website”) is operated by Ascential Information Services Limited, Company Number 7880716 (England) and whose registered address is at The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London W1B 5AP (“Ascential”).
1.2 Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using the Website. By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions in full, regardless of whether or not you choose to register as a member on the Website. If you do not accept these Terms & Conditions, you must leave the Website immediately.
1.3 Ascential may revise these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting an update on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions and they shall be binding on you. You should therefore check the Website from time to time to review the then current Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions were last updated in October 2018.2. Disclaimer 2.1 Whilst Ascential endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, it shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reasonable cause.
2.2 You acknowledge that whilst Ascential endeavours to ensure that information on the Website and any related material provided to you by Ascential, whether by email or otherwise (“the Ascential Materials”)) is accurate and complete, it is provided only for general information, is not intended to address your particular requirements and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by Ascential. You acknowledge that the Ascential Materials should not be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other business or personal decisions and acknowledge that professional advice should be obtained before making any such decision. Finally, you acknowledge that some of the content may be supplied by third parties and the accuracy and completeness of it will not have been checked by Ascential.
2.3 Ascential will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website and the Ascential Materials do not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all such materials and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code.3. Use of Website Content
3.1 All intellectual property rights in the Ascential Materials are reserved by Ascential or its licensors or users (as applicable).
3.2 You agree that in using the Ascential Materials you shall (except where otherwise agreed in writing with Ascential):
(a) use them only in accordance with the following permitted uses:
(i) viewing them on a computer screen and printing not more than one copy of them (and not further copying them);
(ii) where and to the extent (only) that permission to download and store them is specifically granted in the relevant Ascential Materials (if at all), downloading and storing the content on the hard disk of your computer or portable media but not making any further transfer or copy of it; and
(iii) making only such other use (if any) of them as may be specifically authorised in the Ascential Materials. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree not to distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the Ascential Materials (including as part of any database, library, news, information, archive, website or similar service) other than as set out above.
(b) not create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes any Ascential Materials;
(c) not disseminate advertisements on the Website or use the Ascential Materials for any other commercial purposes (which would include using them to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services);
(d) not transmit or re-circulate any Ascential Materials to any third party (unless specifically authorised to do so by Ascential);
(e) not remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from the Ascential Materials;
(f) not disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
(g) not disseminate any material which is or may infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party or be unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience or may restrict or inhibit the use of the Website by any person or which constitutes or encourages conduct that may be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability in any country in the world;
(h) not disseminate any material which does or may bring Ascential or any of its brands or subsidiaries into dispute or in any way damage their reputation;
(i) not disseminate any material that may interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data; and
(j) not post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions.
3.3 Additional terms may apply to:
(a) any purchases you make through the Website;
(b) registration to the Website and/or any other email alert or other related services; and
(c) any promotion, competition or draw appearing on the Website.
Copyright in any software that is made available for download from the Website and/or the Ascential Materials belongs to Ascential or its suppliers. Your use of the software is governed by the terms of any licence agreement that may accompany or be included with it. Do not install or use any software unless you agree to such licence agreement.5.User Generated Content
5.1 The pages of the Website where you are capable of posting content are provided for your private, non-commercial exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the Website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. By submitting any content to the Website, you:
(a) grant Ascential the right to use such content and all material embodied therein for any purposes including, without limitation, to edit, copy, reproduce, translate, disclose, post and/or remove such content from the Website and hereby waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 in respect of any material you post to the Website;
(b) warrant to Ascential that all such content complies with the provisions of Clause 3.2; and
(c) acknowledge that Ascential may require you to confirm the above rights and warranties and agree to do so within 7 days of any request from Ascential.
5.2 Ascential reserves the right (but not the obligation) at its sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the Website without the need to give any reasons for doing so. However, Ascential will not review the materials that you or anyone else makes to the Website and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that Ascential is aware of it. If you object to the publication of any material placed on the Website please contact Ascential using the Web Editor contact details shown on the “Contact Us” section of the Website and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
5.3 Ascential accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on the Website by users.6. Links to and from other websites
6.1 Links on the Website to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. Ascential has not reviewed these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. Ascential therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found on them, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
6.2 You may link to the home page of the Website but strictly only on the basis that you do not replicate the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions:
(a) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website;
(b) you do not in any way imply any endorsement by Ascential other than with its written consent or misrepresent your relationship with Ascential;
(c) you do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on the Website without the express written permission of Ascential;
(d) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
(e) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
6.3 You may link to other pages of the Website only with the prior written consent of Ascential and subject always to the obligations set out in Clause 6.2. If you wish to do so, please contact Ascential using the Web Editor contact details shown on the “Contact Us” section of the Website.7. Registration
7.1 To access certain parts of the Website, Ascential may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself. Such registration shall be subject to specific terms of registration. When you register you also agree to:
(a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
(b) contact the Web Editor shown on the “Contact Us” section of the Website in the event that you wish to update your Registration Data.
7.2 Where you register on the Website, you will be allocated a user name and password. These account details must be used solely by you; sharing your user name and password with any other person or making it available to multiple users on a network is strictly prohibited. Accordingly, you agree to:
(a) maintain the security of your user name and password and be fully responsible for all use of the Website made using your user name and password;
(b) immediately notify Ascential if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your user name and password or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
(c) ensure that you exit from your website account at the end of each session.
Ascential cannot and will not be liable for any losses, damages or costs arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
All Ascential trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and graphics, logos, designs, page headers and button icons are the intellectual property rights of Ascential and neither they nor any confusingly similar versions may be used by you including (but not limited to) as part of any trademarks and/or domain names without the prior written consent of Ascential other than for the purpose of referring to Ascential and its associated brands lawfully and in good faith (only).9. Suspension of access to the Website and User Indemnities
9.1 If, for any reason, Ascential believes that you have not complied with any of these Terms & Conditions it may, at its sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration sections of the Website immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
9.2 Without prejudice to the provisions of Clause 9.1, you agree to compensate Ascential in respect of any claims, losses, expenses and/or liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your use of the Website and/or the Ascential Materials (or by a third party using your user name and password) including in particular (but not limited to) any statements, contributions or other content posted on the Website or any breach of Clause 3.2.10. Limitation of Ascential’s Liability
10.1 Ascential will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by Ascential or its employees or sub-contractors in circumstances where:
(a) there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by Ascential (or its employees or sub-contractors); or
(b) such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or
(c) in respect of any increase in the loss or damage resulting from your actions.
10.2 Without prejudice to Clause 10.1 but subject to Clause 10.3, any liability of Ascential arising in respect of your use of the Website and/or the Ascential Materials (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) shall be limited in aggregate to five hundred pounds sterling (£500) per event unless otherwise agreed in writing between us.
10.3 Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall exclude or limit Ascential’s liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Ascential and/or its employees negligence; or
(b) fraudulent misrepresentation by Ascential and/or its employees.
How we may use your personal information
12.2 All entrants to a Promotion must be at least 16 years of age at the date of entry and comply with any further age and/or other eligibility requirements set out in the Rules (eg in relation to residency and (where the prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire) holding a valid passport, visa and/or driver’s licence).. Proof of age may be required before a prize-winner can claim a prize. The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of Ascential. Employees and agents of Ascential and its associated companies (including the families of such employees and agents) are not eligible to enter Promotions. Only one entry per person and per household is permitted.
12.3 All entries must be made in accordance with the Rules and must be received by Ascential by the closing date. Entries made otherwise shall be invalid. Ascential accepts no responsibility or liability for any lost, damaged or incomplete entries and all such entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of despatch shall not be proof of entry.
12.4 Unless otherwise stated in the Additional Rules, all Promotions can be entered by sending an appropriately worded e-mail to the e-mail address specified in the Promotion. Any such e-mail must include your contact details and comply with any instructions set out in the Additional Rules (for example, to identify which Promotion is being entered). Each Promotion must be entered by a separate e-mail. Alternative means of entering a Promotion (if any) will be set out in the Additional Rules and where there are alternative means of entering a Promotion no distinction shall be made between entries between different routes of entry.
12.5 Unless the Additional Rules specify otherwise, entries shall not be returned to entrants.
12.6 Ascential reserves the right at its sole discretion to (without prior notice):
(a) cancel the Promotion; and/or
(b) substitute the prize(s) for another prize of equal value.
12.7 Prize-winners will (unless specified otherwise in the Additional Rules) be chosen at random by an independent judge from all qualifying entries. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
12.8 Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
12.9 Prize-winners will be notified in writing within 6 weeks of the applicable closing date. If a prize-winner fails to respond to claim his/her prize within 14 days of receipt of the notification, Ascential shall be entitled to select an alternative prize-winner. In such circumstances Ascential shall use reasonable endeavours to notify the alternative prize-winner within nine weeks of the closing date.
12.10 Prize-winners will receive their prize within 6 weeks of notification unless otherwise specified in the Additional Rules. The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by a prize-winner to accept the prize.
12.11 Ascential will not be liable if a prize does not reach a prize-winner for any reason outside the control of Ascential or if a prize is damaged during delivery.
12.12 Details of the names of prize-winners can be requested by writing to The Data Security and Compliance Manager, Ascential Information Services Limited, The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London W1B 5AP, specifying the relevant Promotion, provided that such request is received by Ascential within ten weeks of the applicable closing date.
12.13 By entering the Promotion, the prize-winner(s) agree to take part in any promotional activity requested by Ascential and consent to his/her name, county and photograph being published for the purposes of the Promotion and promoting the Website and/or Ascential and its businesses.
12.14 Where relevant, all taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) are, unless otherwise specifically stated, the sole responsibility of the prize-winner.
12.15 Other than for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of Ascential, Ascential hereby excludes (so far as is permitted by law) all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the prize.13. General
13.1 In the event that any provision of these Terms & Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
13.2 These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
13.3 In performing its obligations under this Agreement, each party will comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations from time to time in force.Copyright
Copyright (c) 2018 Ascential Information Services Limited. All rights reserved. The users of this website may reproduce materials available in the website for authorised users and potential users of Ascential Information Services Limited services. Ascential Information Services Limited requires that the following statement be included in all reproductions of this material:
Copyright (c) 2018 Ascential Information Services Limited. All rights reserved. Reprinted with the permission of Ascential Information Services Limited. Except for these specified uses, no part of the materials available in any theAscential Information Services Limited website may be copied, photocopied, reproduced translated or reduced to any electronic medium or machine-readable form, in whole or in part, without prior written consent of Ascential Information Services Limited. Any other reproduction in any form without the permission of Ascential Information Services Limited is prohibited. Distribution for commercial purposes is prohibited.
Written requests for reprint should be mailed or faxed to: Ascential Information Services Limited
1 Wilder Walk
W1B 5AP - UK
T: +44 (0) 20 7516 5000
F: +44 (0) 20 7516 5001
Ascential Information Services Limited uses reasonable care in publishing materials available inAscential Information Services Limited websites. However, Ascential Information Services Limited does not guarantee their accuracy or completeness.
Materials available in Ascential Information Services Limited websites are provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, and all such warranties hereby disclaimed. Ascential Information Services Limited assumes no liability for any loss, damage or expense from errors or omissions in the materials available in Ascential Information Services Limited websites, whether arising in contract or otherwise.